Twas the week before Chrsitmas and all through the house
everybody was busy, even my spouse!
The stockings were set by the tree on a chair
but alas it was finals week with not much time to spare!
The unsightly tangle of sheets on the bed
and visions of soiled kitchens danced in my head,
with unvacuumed floors and a spare room full of crap,
I'd just about had it! I was ready to snap!
Then finals were over and life settled in pace
but our home was still cluttered, stuff in every space.
Soon we'd be leaving, a flight we would catch
and we couldn't even find a pair of socks that would match!
The vacuum in the closet was gathering dust
and the attention the laundry room needed--a must,
when through the gloom, who did appear?
My sweet Jefferson and my sister so dear!
The dishes were scrubbed, every spoon, fork, and knife
by my sister so sweet, who was saving my life.
The vacuum chord was plugged in and it started to hum
and suddenly life wasn't feeling so glum.
With our house all in order, we're ready to leave
and while we are gone, I won't have to grieve
about the carpets or trash cans or laundry or sink
because it's all taken care of...at least, I think...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




clever! you do have some pretty nice sisters!
ReplyDelete