Tuesday, November 1, 2011
I've Come to Smell Your Vax! Ah ah ah!
Okay, so I'm not too into the whole Halloween holiday. I don't know what it is but something about creepy characters wandering around in the dark and begging for candy sort of strikes me as sick in a way.
Now, if you've been following along you'll know that last year for Halloween, the hubby and I threw a party and that helped me to get into the whole Halloween vibe. This year we had my siblings over one night, but what really got me going for the holiday was the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas. Having never seen it and having an amazing ability to be able to recall songs and quotes from movies, I've been singing songs like "This is Halloween" and "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" for the past two weeks!
Well Halloween rolled around and I thought that hey, why not? I'd dress up! What sparked the whole idea? When I get out of the shower, I comb my short hair back while it's still wet so that I can do my make-up. Today I saw my wicked widow's peak and new I was going to be a Vampire!
So I put my concealer, which is significantly lighter than my skin, all over my face, blending really well around my neck and jaw. Then instead of using my normal powder, I used a white satin-finished eyeshadow and set my foundation with that. I took a deep maroon eyeshadow and did a deep crease on my eyelids, again blending it out. Then I took a black eyeshadow and I put that under my eyes and in the hollows of my cheeks to create the illusion of dramatic dark circles and a sunken-in face. To finish it off, I put dark red lipstick on and then put more black eyeshadow in the corners of my mouth to give it more of a sinister look. I gelled my hair back and donned some creepy skeleton earrings and a black robe. Taking a step back, I was ready to meet the masses, or at least drink their blood.
I got to work and for those of you that don't know, I work for my in-laws at a candle company. We make wickless candle warmers and waxes (yes, it's a mouthful) for Walmarts and Hobby Lobby stores nationwide. I run the little Outlet Store at the factory where customers can come in and buy our stuff for really cheap. It's fun because I get to interact with people and it's a really good creative outlet for me seeings how I have to decorate and all.
Well, my husband came down into the store to find me and I watched him look at me, look away, and then do a total double take.
"Genny...?" he said. Yup. My own husband at first glance didn't even recognize me!
So I thought I was so into the holiday this year. I go home and shower to get all the gunk off my face before I start to break-out. As I'm finishing up in the bathroom, there's a ring at the door.
"Trick-or-Treat!" hails my ears and that's when I remember we forgot to buy candy! Epic fail.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment