Monday, February 21, 2011

A Cop, A Pop, and Lip Gloss

Intrigued by the title? You should be. This was one of the most memorable days of my life!

It all started when one of my bosses, JG, came up to me and asked if I wouldn't mind coming dressed up to work the next day to do some product shots. I jumped at the chance (I mean, what girl in her right mind wouldn't want an excuse to spend a little extra time in the morning getting all dolled up for some photos?). This wasn't the first time I'd been asked to be the company model, so I was running low on outfits.

After work, I headed over to the mall to pick out a new shirt or two, when I totally got sucked into Sephora. I'd always avoided places like Sephora and Bath & Body, mostly because I know that I'm a girl, and as such I have a natural weakness for all things sparkly and smelly! Yep, I went to town. I figured that this might be the only time in my life where I can splurge a little bit on myself, 'cuz, let's face it, after kids, splurging is not a reality unless you're loaded.

Can I just say, I'm in love? 'Cuz I am! Bare Minerals and Stilla Smudge Pots are my two best friends!

Anyway, after splurging, I started hunting for some cute tops, and let me tell you, it wasn't easy. I was starting to get discouraged when Jefferson called.
"I don't want you to come home yet," he said. "Actually, I told my siblings you'd come and get them and take them to see Gnomeo & Juliet. So go buy tickets, pick them up and, whatever you do, don't come home yet."
I'll admit I was a little miffed. I'd just spent a lot of moola and wasn't in the mood for spending any more when here comes my hubbs saying that I have to 'cuz I can't come home yet. The miffness went down a little when Jefferson told me he had a surprise for me. (Wow. Am I spoiled or what?)

So I swung into Mapleton and grabbed his two youngest siblings, Megan and Jake, and we headed off to the Movies. Thank goodness we grabbed some popcorn and soda before the film because, to put it bluntly, it was lame.

On the way home, I tried to compensate for the lameness of the movie by cracking jokes and keeping the ball rolling. You know that common misconception about women being really good at multi-tasking? Well, it does not apply to talking and driving, apparently because the next thing I knew, there were red and blue lights flashing in my rear-view mirror!

Never having been pulled over before and just having downed a whole bunch of junk food, I was sick to my stomach! Honestly, I totally forgot which side of the road I was supposed to pull over on! (Of course, it didn't help that he pulled me over on a stretch of road where there wasn't a shoulder.)

He came up to my window and I panicked, rolling down the rear window before I realized it was the wrong button. He asked for my license and five minutes later I finally pulled it out of the lining of my wallet, my buttery fingers shaking as I slid it out the crack in the window.

He let me off with a warning (and believe you me, he was not nice about it!) and I proceeded to drop off my siblings-in-law (?) swearing them to secrecy.

When I finally pulled into my lot, I thought for sure I was going to be sick! I stood and wobbled my way to our door, leaning on it for support. Once inside, I found Jefferson sitting on the couch working on some homework. The first words out of his mouth weren't, "Hi honey!" or even, "Is everything okay?" but instead, "So, I heard you got a ticket, " accompanied by a little aha! I caught you grin.

And the surprise? My sweet man had cut class early and snuck home to clean house before I got back from my shopping spree! Honestly! I am soooo spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment