Saturday, February 26, 2011

Skanky Baby

So my cousins Zia and Bruce are having a little girl here in three months or so, and all the female relations who could be mustered, went to The Lion House in SLC for a sweet baby shower. It was adorable! The food was great, the company awesome! {I'm really big into family get-togethers. Just ask my hubsand, he'll tell ya!} We chit-chatted and chowed down on amazing rolls, chicken, steamed vegetables, all of which couldn't match the scrumptiousness of the dessert, a toffee-chocolate confection of the utmost deliciousness!

After the meal came time to open presents. We all "ooo"-ed and "aaa"-ed over the cute ensembles like this one:

"ooo"
and this one:

"aaa"

not to mention all the high-tech bottles and hand-made lovelies {I made a tiny pair of ballerina booties. They might not ever actually fit the baby, but it's the thought that counts!...right?}

But the last gift was the one none shall soon forget. I couldn't even find an image online that could compare {my camera was out of batteries otherwise I would've been snapping pictures left and right, if not of the outfit itself, at least of the future momma's reaction!}. Just try and imagine a jumper {long-sleeved onesie with legs} in a leapard print with hot pink ruffles around the ankles, neck, and across the backside, wrapping around to the front and ending in two flowers right over the chest. This was the closest thing I could find and it doesn't even come close:

We were all dying. Who woud've ever put that ensemble together? I could see it gracing the front cover of a Victoria Secret ad maybe, but not a baby. But none of us laughed as hard as Zia. To her that was the icing on the cake. She thought it was the most atrocious thing, but hysterical nonetheless!

And who knows? It could have some future un-known purpose...like maybe as a white elephant gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment