Monday, February 14, 2011

Scavenging for a Valentine

Monday was Valentine's Day and the funny thing is I totally was not expecting a Valentine from my hubsand because we'd had our own Valentine's Day in Vegas. To preface this, on our way out of Vegas, when we were heading home, we passed several stands selling the huge teddy bears in red and pink baskets with boxes of chocolates and you get the picture: the ultimate cheesy Valentine.

Well, I just had to open my big mouth and pointed out the biggest teddy bear and said, in the best sarcastic voice I could muster, "Oh, yes, I do ever so want a giant teddy bear on Valentine's day."
"Are you serious?" asked husband.
"Yes, dear, I'm serious," still in that sarcastic tone. What I forgot is that not only is he a tease, but my husband is also a man, and men don't quite understand sarcasm and take things literally...very literally...

Okay, now that we know that we can continue: That day at work was being a real pain in the you-know-where and I had just about had it. Seriously, I was super-crank that day, and Jefferson coming in and out of my workspace and interrupting my system was not helping!

He pulled one of my yet-to-be-filled orders out of the neatly arranged stack and just walked away with it.
Well that's just great, I thought. He's going to forget where he put it and then I'm going to get a call from an angry customer demanding their order...grumble, grumble...

Well, he came back with the order and said, "Fill this order first."
Being my stubborn cranky self, I asked why.
"Because it needs to be your top priority." And with that, he started to walk away.
I yelled after him, "Like right now? Do I wrap like I usually do? What's it for?"
He kept walking, which did not help my mood at all. I was just about ready to throw that bleepity-bleeping order away when I noticed this:


Wait...wha...? My suspicions thoroughly aroused, I proceeded to the polk-a-dots in question. (We'd been painting our new office for about a week by that point, and were getting ready to add some polk-a-dots to the accent walls, but first we had to measure and lay them out so that they could be approved by someone higher up...yeah, that was not adding to my happy mood that day...)

I started to turn-over some of the dots, when I stumbled across this:



Clear across the warehouse, is a crate used to store and ship items we use for Shows. Amy, my co-worker, had spent the last week emptying out the contents and checking them for the next show, just one of the reasons our tiny office was taking so long to paint.

Entering the crate and shuffling to the end (the thing's not big enough to stand-up in) I found another sticky note:

I did as directed, finding myself in the downstairs part of the office section of the building. There was another note on one of the doors:


Starting to be thoroughly peeved, I followed this last direction and found this waiting for me:



My husband, a huge teddy bear, a bouquet of roses and lunch! Does anybody know what you do with an over-sized, over-stuffed mammal? I'm open to suggestions...Currently, I have him buckled into the back seat of my car. I figure I can use him as an excuse to get into the carpool lane!

No comments:

Post a Comment