Jefferson has always brought me flowers. When we were dating, it was a once a week thing. Now that we're married (and let's face it, not loaded) it's a little more sparse, saved for special dates, like monthly anniversaries and the like. But I big puffy heart flowers! That is, until they start wilting and turning brown and the stems start molding in the vase (I can't stand mold! I can take blood and puke and other bodily excretions, but the sight of mold makes me gag so bad!) So I came up with a very simple solution: Make fake flowers!
I've been seeing these really cute pom-pom flowers floating around the internet lately, and I liked 'em so much that I gave them a try! I borrowed a pom-pom maker that I found in a closet at work (who knew?) and some sticks from the park across the street. A little hot glue and one Jones Soda later and VOILA! One really cute, easy, and super-fast craft! And the best part, these flowers'll never die!
Hopefully husband won't take this as an opportunity to never buy me flowers again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







how fun! and i love that tea set!
ReplyDeleteThanks cuz! Hubsand got it for me for christmas! I suspect that at any moment it will jump up and start singing, "Be our guest..."
ReplyDelete