Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mirror Mirror

So a couple weeks ago, I got a new haircut...sort of... You see, I've been trying to grow my hair out for a long time. I used to have hair past my shoulders, then in the final days of my senior year, I chopped it off on impulse. It looked really good (or so husband says) but I tried to grow it out my freshman year at BYU. Winter semester, I met Jefferson. He kept saying how much he liked girls with short hair, so I tested him (it was only 6 months of growth, right?) and chopped it all off again.

Then he proposed and I knew that 3 months was just enough time to get my hair looking really shaggy, and that would not look good in wedding photos, so I kept it short til after the wedding. Then it was back to the grindstone.

Anyway, so when I say "I got a haircut" all it really means is "I trimmed my bangs a different way than I usually do." I was trying to go for the full-banged, straight-across-the-forehead look and for the longest time, I didn't like it but lived with it anyway and let it do its own thing. Then, on Sunday of this past week, I decided to actually do my hair and guess what? It turned out pretty cute. So I've been going to work with hair, make-up, and nails done and I'm feeling fabulous!

Here are some pics of the new-do that I took last night:


ooh! new haircut!...



...actually, it doesn't look half bad...



...I wonder what husband will think...



Yep...I could get used to this hair-do, I'm thinking.
(And hopefully the rest of my hair will start to grow
at least a little bit faster and maybe get past my
shoulders before next Christmas!)

1 comment:

  1. I know this is delayed, but I love the hair, it looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete