We knew we would be out of town for the actual Christmas Day, so Jefferson and I woke up on Sunday the 19th and decided to have our own Christmas Morning before church.
Here's us that morning:
(purdy, ain't it?)
We decided the best way to go about this would be to take turns taking pictures and opening presents so that someone was always manning the camera.
Here was our stash of Christmas Presents:
Most of the gifts were actually stashed behind the chair
(and by "most," I mean all the ones that Jefferson wrapped).
I was working on making a quilt that looked like a Christmas Tree
to hang on the wall behind the chair, but between work and
the end of the semester, it kind of fell by the wayside.
Maybe I'll have it finished by next Christmas!
Anyway, I got to open my present first. I chose the one that my mom had given me, seeing as how it was one of the presents that I didn't even have the faintest idea of what it could be.
Jefferson took pics while I unwrapped:
Mini Rubber Muffin tins for my amazing homemade Peanut Butter Cups (I used to make them in normal sized Rubber Muffin tins, and they were basically peanut butter-filled heart-attacks waiting to happen--but so delicious!) and a scrapbook kit, you know, the kind that comes with all the paper and trimmings and all you have to do is slap in some pictures? So simple, so fun.
Jefferson's turn. He, too, decided to open the gift from my parents and family. He totally guessed what it was first, though, and with how much it weighed we would've been really surprised if it had been anything else!
yay food storage!
Back to me. I headed for the biggest gift behind the chair. I had a pretty good idea what it was and was super excited to pop the paper off!
before...
...after (and I guessed right!)
Jefferson then went straight for the good stuff: his stocking. I had individually wrapped everything contained therein, so there was no way he could peek at anything! I also put little tags on everything, too. (Actually, I got off early one day from work and had a couple hours to wrap stuff, or so I thought, when Jefferson came walzing through the door. It's true, I screeched at him to not look, swooped an armful of anything that wasn't wrapped yet and ran into our spare room! He still teases me about it.)
before...
...after
Then came the masterpiece, the main reason why I had to hide everything behind the couch, why my husband is not allowed to wrap any presents that are not in a box:
no guesses on this one... ?
It took me a while to untangle the mess of ribbon and tape (not to mention the wrapping paper tube) that enshrouded this particular present.
and despite my facial expression in this picture,
it really was a pretty tray, embossed and tarnished,
totally vintage, and totally me.
Now onto my stocking:
it's a complete set! I love it!
Now on to my last present. This one I could not figure out for the life of me and never would've guessed, but wow! So pretty and different!
I felt that at any moment, the forks and spoons
would jump up and start singing, "Be Our Guest!"
like on Beauty and the Beast!
Then Jefferson opened the rest of his gifts:
Just what he always wanted! A knife sharpening kit
(he's a collector of all things weapon, you know)
Funny story about the kit: I went to Sportsmans Warehouse to find him one and ran into his dad! I know nothing about guns or knives for that matter! So it was pure providence that his dad (also an avid collector of all things weapon) happened to be there at exactly that same time! He totally helped me out and Jefferson was so impressed!
This gift was more for old-times sake than anything else. You see, we used to play Connect Four on Jefferson's iphone all the time, that is until he started cheating! (okay, okay, it's not really cheating. He just learned all the patterns and knows how to win every time and I don't so I always lose!)
There was another gift that we somehow didn't manage to get a picture of, but I got him these really nice thermal-type shirts from Gap.
Anyway, our little present extravaganza was over, and I started to pick up scraps of wrapping paper, when Jefferson jumped up and said, "I have one more present for you!" He ran into the bedroom and I heard his gunsafe open and shut. Then he came out with a little bag from JCPenney's jewelry counter.
a set of pearl jewelry, complete with earrings,
necklace and bracelet! What a sweetheart!
Anyway, even though it's belated, we hope everyone had a Happy Holidays!




No comments:
Post a Comment