Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Week Without...

...Jefferson. That's a sad thought. An even sadder one? We have three weeks left to go! What do I do with all of my free time? I clean like a banshee and look up recipes, trying to find the best dish to serve him for his first dinner home! (Is that being a little too optimistic? Planning that far ahead?)


...Goodies and constant snacking. My meals have consisted of granola bars, lean cuisines, salad, yogurt, and eating at my parent's or his for dinner. I'm feeling great, walking every day after work with my sisters. I haven't noticed the scale going down at all but, as my Dad told me, you can't lose a year's worth of weight in a week, or a month. That takes time, however my waist is already feeling slimmer!


...Missing a journal entry. Jefferson has always been intrigued by my journal since the very first time he ever saw me write in it. When he saw the tub of filled journals that I brought with me into our marriage, he understood what the sealer had meant in the temple when he called me to be the recorder in the family. But I was feeling so down about that lately. I used to collect gorgeous journals to fill over the years, but suddenly I was married and time became just a word. Months slip by without me writing a single word about anything! It became a rare sight instead of a normality to see Jefferson sneaking a peak at my thoughts (the first time he ever tried to read my journal was over my shoulder while I was writing in it! I told him that I don't have a problem with him reading it as long as I get to write it first!) and to be honest, I've missed that. So I promised him that while he was away, I'd write every day and he could read it to his heart's content when he gets home!


...Watching TV. Okay, okay, so if I said that I didn't watch any TV that would be totally lying, however, I've been cleaning and reading on my kindle so much that TV really isn't all that appealing. I forgot how fun it is to read and be able to "watch" the story in my mind. Ever since Christmas, Jefferson and I have been reading stories out loud to each other. We've read the following:

This was the first book we read together. I got to pick and I didn't want to pick something super long just in case we ended up not liking to read as a couple, but I also didn't want a hard read, either. This book was just perfect, cute, fun, and a happy ending!


Not sure how I felt about this one. Jefferson picked and I don't know, there's something about a six-year old space-boy who kills other children with his bare hands on "accident" that didn't really appeal to me. Go figure.


Pearls of Lutra is one of my top favorites (What? I don't look like a Redwall fan?) and has been since I was about twelve. Jefferson really liked how I do different accents for all the different animals!


By the same author of Jurassic Park, we were just getting to the interesting parts of this book, when Jefferson had to go and leave for a month! So I'm left hanging, wondering what's gonna happen!

Anyway, all is well at the Palmer house, aside from an acute sense of loneliness and a little pinch of hunger!

No comments:

Post a Comment