Thursday, November 18, 2010

Halloween Party

For Hallows Eve this year, Jefferson and I hosted a little party at our even littler apartment. 


cooking food galore...

I spent most of the day in the kitchen, cooking and cleaning up my cooking messes. I was so worried that we wouldn't have enough food for ourselves plus four guests (two other couples) so I cooked so much that there was no way we were going to eat it all! This was the menu and the names we gave them (it was Halloween after all):
Witch Digits (Troll Toes)
Oreo Truffles (Ogre Eyes)
Bean Dip (Banshee Barf)
Chips (Dried Dragon Scales)
Veggie Tray (Vile Veggies)
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups (Putrid Pumpkins)

There were also several drinks with similar Halloween themed names, like Ghost Tears and Vampire's Blood



...and setting up nasty decor

This was scene that Jefferson set up at the front door. Needless to say, we had very few trick-or-treaters. He bought the head at some Halloween shop in Arkansas and stuffed a shirt and pair of pants to look like a body. Whenever I answered the door, I tried to open it as little as possible!



a gangsta'



a princess



Snow White
(Jefferson couldn't believe how much
I looked like her once I got the garb on!)



(It's kind of hard to see in the photo,
but these cookies looked so real! So real in fact,
that our guests hardly touched them!)



(These are the Oreo Truffles and I came up with the
 idea to disguise them as eyeballs. They didn't look as
realistic as the toes, so people actually ate them!) 



guests #1 & 2:
an elf and an accident-prone hick



guests #2 & 3:
"love the leg-warmers" and "nice ascot"

We had so much fun, eating and chit-chatting. We watched the Alfred Hitchcock film, The Trouble with Harry, a mystery/comedy. What a fun way to spend our first Halloween! 

1 comment:

  1. wow those troll toes do look real... yuck. but i bet they were tasty! you guys really went all out! and you DO look like snow white!

    ReplyDelete