When all of a sudden, Jefferson said, "Do you like roller coasters?"
"...Yeees?" I said trepidatiously. There was this thought mulling around in my mind: we're in California...there's only one amusement park I'd want to go to in Cali, and Jefferson knows that...
"How would you like to go to Disneyland?"
My inner me (normal people say, "my inner child," but sometimes we all act a little childish, and this was one of those times) went, ahhhhhhhhhh!
on our way to Disneyland!
X marks the spot!
they gave us these badges to wear
oh so cute!
the castle
Main Street USA
people were so nice, offering to take pictures or just saying "congrats!"
at Mr Toad's Wild Ride
The entire time we were in line for this ride, Jefferson kept trying to convince the little girls that I was Snow White on vacation! Most of them were more afraid than believing (he was a stranger, you know) but there was the occasional girl who would look at me in awe. It was pretty hilarious!
at Alice in Wonderland's Tea Cups
(you know they're honeymoon pictures because we're taking better pictures of each other than of the event!)
facepaint in progress
finished project
Jefferson hated the glitter aspect of it. Every time he put his cheek next to mine, or gave me a smooch, he came away covered with glitter! He kept telling me that as soon as we got back to our hotel room, I was to wash my face immediately! That was when I started to form a diabolical plan...he he he...
Wegot park hoppers and went to see California Adventures. When we saw the fish nets with RECORD CATCH posted right on the front, Jefferson insisted on some pics. I guess we're each other's record catch!
yep...definitely my record catch!
We were trying to look like barbie dolls (me) and action figures (Jefferson)
Right after that photo, Jefferson took me on my very first Ferris Wheel. First off, I am deathly afraid of being up high without a seatbelt on, and second off, this is no normal Ferris Wheel! Not only does the wheel itself go round, but the individual carts spin and whip around on loops! I was clutching the sides of the cage white-knuckled, eyes shut tight, and Jefferson was laughing fit to burst!
We (okay, I ) started to get tired, so we went back to our hotel. As earlier mentioned, Jefferson began pestering me to wash the facepaint and glitter down the drain and then came the moment of my diabolical plan: I chased him around the room, brought him down and rubbed/smeared the facepaint all over him! You can't see it very well in the pics, but in the end, his face had more paint on it than mine did! He looked like an alien! And then the Pizza guy showed up and about had a heart attack when Jefferson answered the door!
my diabolical plan succeeded!
the end result
Jefferson and the beloved GPS
(without that bad boy, we would never have gone anywhere!)
heading home
conscious me...
...unconscious me
(someone really needs to take away his camera when I can't defend myself!)
driving home
my turn
Actually, that was the single and only time that I drove that whole trip. Let me explain: I'm not a very good driver, and subsequently got my license very late in life. To make a long story short, driving fast was a huge problem for me (can you say panic-attack?). Jefferson was 100% aware of this and therefore tricked (yes, tricked ) me into taking a turn:
"I'm really tired," he started out by saying.
"Oh?" I said.
"Yeah, I've been driving a lot this past week."
He's right, said my conscience. He drove all the way to Cali and most of the way back. The least you could do is drive a couple hours and let him take rest... "Do you want me to drive?" I asked aloud.
"That would be great," he replied.
Almost as soon as I got into the seat, his tired attitude left. He turned talkative and snacky. "I thought you were tired?" I said.
"Oh, that. I just needed an excuse to get you to learn that driving fast isn't scary, and it isn't, now is it?"
"*grumble*grumble*...no...I guess not..." Lesson learned: Jefferson is expert at puppy dog eyes!
my little gangsta'!
When we got home, we started the Christmas-like process of opening our reception gifts. There were pots and pans, oh-so-many giftcards (we lived off them for the first couple months!), and of course several sets of tubberware! But there was one gift that was adorable and totally tickled my creative side. It was an umbrella with a little note that said OPEN ME on the handle. Feeling a little like Alice in Wonderland, I cautiously opened the umbrella. Dollar bills fell down, suspended from the spokes with ribbon and a note that said:
Just a little extra cash for a rainy day




No comments:
Post a Comment