by the sea, by the sea...
My first time seeing the ocean, and I was just blown away by what an enormous expanse it is!
by the beautiful sea
Then I started to notice that the tide was filling in my footprints and I became a little preoccupied with the wonder of it all. Jefferson just happened to be there with a camera.
you and me, you and me
oh how happy we'll be
This photo was taken after we had been saved by a lifeguard! To make a long story short, we got a little carried away in our enthusiasm when we realized that the current was actually carrying us away for real! Jefferson tried to coach me back to shore, but I am in no way a good swimmer and was totally panicking. The lifeguard must've seen it all over my face because he came out on his surfboard and conveyed us back to shore, all the time muttering about "stupid tourists". I was just grateful we didn't get eaten by anything! (I may not have ever seen the ocean before then, but I had seen JAWS!)
When we got back from our ocean adventure, we realized that we had underestimated how much clothing to pack. It had only been a few days and our suitcases were sorely empty. A trip to the laundromat was in order. Jefferson brought his computer, I brought snacks, and we watched some tv shows munching on wheat thins. It was a cute date idea, but I'm so very grateful we have our little 70s washer and dryer and can do our laundry at home! Thank you friends of family!
jefferson + ...
...genevieve = ...
... a new little family!
When the laundry was all done, we stepped outside, saw the San Diego skyline and couldn't resist a few snapshots:
isn't it gorgeous?
honestly, just breathtaking!
When we got to California, we realized that Jefferson had forgotten to pack his razor. After a couple of prickly smooches, my face was rubbed raw. I insisted that he call the front desk and ask them to bring a complimentary razor and shaving cream. There was even a sign in the bathroom that encouraged it! And so, with a little push, I got Jefferson to lather up and right when he was good and creamy, I got this shot:
All I can say is payback for the awful sleeping pic!




love the ocean and skyline pics! Looks like you had a blast! (We had to go to a laundry mat once during our honeymoon too...although our house had a washer/dryer...so i can't remember why...but it was also an experience) :)
ReplyDelete