Yephh, I ent o ee enis thodhay. {Translation: Yep, I went to the dentist today.} I don't know if I've made this clear or not but I have a burning and passionate hatred of all things dentist related.
So, I skipped out on work around 10:45 AM {which is the only good thing that came out of this whole mess!} and headed to my doom. I should've stalled, but the goodie-two-shoes in me got there early which meant that I had to wait. I sat there, thumbing through a magazine and trying not to pay too much attention to the high whine of the drill and the chalky smell of teeth, but I couldn't help my muscles tensing up and the dilating of my pupils was totally involuntary.
"Genny?" said the Assistant, poking her head out the door into the waiting room. I nearly bolted, but mustering my will power, I made it through that door and on to the room of pain.
Soon after the dentist came in. He acted jovial, but really he was thinking, Aw man! I have to stick my fingers into another disgusting mouth today. My job sucks. And I have to agree with him.
The needles were drawn and my face slowly started slipping off my skull. Goodbye tongue. Goodbye lower lip.
Hello drill. veeeeeeeeeeveeeeeevveeeveveeeveeveeeeeeveeunk.
"OooW!" I said, jerking my head back.
"Hmm," said the dentist. "You must not be numb enough."
You think?!?
"Lets try the other side before making you more numb, okay?
Right.
veeeeeeveveeeeeveveeeveeeeunkunk. I jerked back again. "Ma'am, please try not to move."
As long as you try not to kill me, I thought.
"All right, looks like we're going to have to numb you up some more before we keep going."
How long did it take you to draw that conclusion, Einstein?
So they put in more numby-stuff, and I stumbled to the bathroom, trying not to shake too noticeably. By the time I got back, I was pretty sure the Dentist had talked to his Assistant because she started convincing me that Laughing Gas was the way to go. I opted for it, thinking anything's better than nothing.
Two hours later, I stumbled to my car. Good thing we live less than a block from the Dentist's office, otherwise I don't think I would've made it. Jefferson came home for lunch, trying to get me to kiss him with my numby lips, but I shot that down really quick when I tried to eat an olive. Ew ew and ew. Yay me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment