We all got dressed and ready for church. We had to go to the nine o'clock meeting so we could hurry back and be outta our rooms by noon. Mom had it all covered, having scoped out a nearby chapel in town. Too bad they were having Stake Conference! So we had to drive all over to find another building.
As we were leaving, my dad stopped an older gentleman in the parking lot and asked if he knew where another meeting house was. The man, unwittingly, pointed at my mother who was hustling kids back into the car, and said, "I'm not sure, but I think that lady over there knows where she's going."
We found another church in the nick of time, and it was fun having the whole fam on the same pew again {figuratively speaking, because in all honesty, we don't all fit on the same pew anymore!}.
We got back to the hotel, packed up, and headed home just in time to have a sweet birthday celebration for my papa's 46th! Happy birthday, Dad! We love you!
{No that is not my dad, but he is the dad of Audrey Hepburn in the film of My Fair Lady, from which I derived my title. Gotta love that movie.}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I love that movie and I love your blog!
ReplyDelete