#1--Getting sealed forever to the love of my life and my best friend. {I know, cliche, right? But still oh so true!} This was without a doubt the most memorable day of my life. Even now, in less than a year, we have grown to know each other, what makes us smile, giggle, what we dream about, silly habits, and how to avoid crankiness. {That last one is super serious!}
#2--Traveling out of the country for my very first time. Trying so hard not to audibly squeal whenever the plane took off and landed, clutching the arm rests not to mention my husbands hand with a vice-like grip until we were safely back on land, whether that land was in Houston or Roatan, it didn't matter to me!
#3--Seeing the ocean for the first time {thanks to my sweetheart} and not knowing whether to run towards it's amazing beauty or away from it's fierce strength.
#4--Disneyland! {Yes...this made it to my top 10's list...SO!?!} What a happy place! I don't think I could ever get enough of the atmosphere there! I remember just walking through the archway for the first time, I was totally in awe and stoked to get my hands on a slip of paper and hunt down every major character I could find! {that sadly did not happen...maybe next time...*hint-hint*}
#5--Seeing my face on internet ads. {Seriously, that was more weird than breath-taking but still makes the list.}
#6--My first pedicure. Who knew that having a stranger massage and trim and paint your feet was so utterly delicious? Not me! And now I'm completely hooked! {I totally give thanks for my amazing mother-in-law for introducing me to the wonderful world of primping oneself!}
#7--Bringing home our first pet {introducing Coal the Hamster}, and then cerimoniously losing him three times in less than two weeks. But honestly, I've never had a pet, and Jefferson tells me that I was the cutest thing to watch for those first couple of days because I had no clud how to react to the Little Guy. {Honestly, I think I squeeked more than he did the first time I tried to pick him up!}
#8--When Jefferson's voice on the phone told me we'd be going to Vegas for the weekend. I think that in that moment I quite literally stopped breathing!
![]() |
| Elder Ethan and Cousin JJMcGee |
#10--When I got brand new make-up, and not the cheap stuff, either. {I know, I know, that sounds really selfish, but to be frank, I love how, when I wear my new stuff, I feel like a full-grown, responsible adult, instead of a kid who gets thrown into adult situations.} I love how my husband looks at me and says, "Wow, Genny. You look beautiful." And I know he means it because that's the way I feel.
So there it is. Mock it if you must, but at this point in time, and thinking retrospectively, those are the top 10 most memorable moments I've ever had.











No comments:
Post a Comment