Thursday, March 31, 2011

10 Things I Can't Live Without

#1--My husband, of course! {I know, I know. Again with the cliche, but just have him out of town for a weekend and my life loses meaning and I start doing CrAzY things like actually cleaning and cooking, and reading novels!}






#2--Cosmetics. I know saying that makes me sound like a priss, but quite honestly, I'm not talking about the whole "sha-bang!" I usually go to work without any make-up on, but if I don't have lipgloss of some kind, and a hand cream, I'm sorry, but life is just not worth living. {Jk. Jk. ...no really, I'm serious.}

#3--Super long pick-me-up emails from my "bosom buddy" {<--name that reference, I dare ya!}. She goes to Snow College down in Ephraim and I hardly ever get to see her in person, but getting an email from her just makes my day that much better. I can always count on a laugh hidden in there somewhere!


#4--Blogging. I know that I'm not the most consistent blogger, but that's not why I love it. I love to read other people's blogs. I get so addicted to a blog, the personality of the blogger, that I start to think of them as my friends...wierd, right? Good thing some of the bloggers (Monuments and Melodies, Who Knew?, Brown Days, 3.14 Cherry Pies, The Life and Times of Reina P. Gallion, Popping the Bubble, Sunshine, Lollipops, & Rainbows!) are actually my friends in real life otherwise I truly would be pathetic!

#5--Crafting. I'm actually surprised that this didn't make it higher up on the list because it should have! I heart all things fabric, paper, and girly! Without them, I wouldn't quite know how to define myself. I'm still in second grader mode (according to psych 111) where I define myself by the things I can do, and crafting is one of those things, for sure.

#6--My religion. {Seriously. I did this list waaaay outta order...indulge me though, will ya?} Honestly, I don't want to get all goody-goody, but my religion defines a big part of who I am. I'm definitely not the perfect saint, but just the fact that I have the chance to be one, that's worth working towards.

#7--Sweets. {Yep...another thing for the pathetics list} I'm sugar crazy, and so surprised that I don't have more cavities. {Knock on wood}. It doesn't even have to be something super sweet either, just a handful of trail mix {the kind with the chocolate pieces, of course, not the yucky kinds with granola clumps and oodles of raisins.} and I'm good...that is until the next craving anyway...but I'm trying to be better.

#8--Some "Genny Time." It's been sooo nice just working and having the hubby go to school. I get at least an hour and a half of pure, delicious me time when I can do anything I want and the things I don't want to do sometimes, too.


#9--Keeping my nails painted. I don't know if anybody knows this or not, but I'm a habitual nail biter. When things get stressful, or I've had a bad day, or for just no good reason at all, I'll chow down on the most convenient nail. And sometimes I'll be absent-mindedly nibbling when it'll start to hurt and I'm left with sore cuticles and nailbeds for a week. But, surprisingly enough, when my nails are painted, I get it into my head that I spent all that time on them so it's my responsibility to keep them nice for as long as possible. And it works! Without nail polish, I'd literally chew my hands to peices!


#10--Purses. No one really knows this either, but I love sewing and designing purses. I'm kinda new at it and one day want to open up an online Etsy shop. So purses and inspiration for them are definitely two things that I gotta have!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything except purses. I was never much of a purse person (say that in your head ten times fast). Except I would substitute "husband" for "cat" because I'm pathetic. You do have an excellently cute husband though (I'm trying to make that NOT sound weird...).

    Yay for habitual nail biters! Oh wait, I should work on that.

    And I'm glad you mentioned my blog first. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete