Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Joseph and Emma

A couple of weeks ago, the Relief Society President and one of her counselors came to our apartment to ask us to participate in a program as part of the upcoming RS Dinner. We agreed hesitantly, not really knowing what to expect.

"We were wondering if you would portray Joseph and Emma Smith and read a couple lines for us at our upcoming Relief Society Dinner?" said the President.


We decided to go for it, mainly because we thought it would be a riot to dress up like Joseph and Emma since we fit the bill to a tee {meaning that I'm short and brunette while Jefferson's tall and blond} and partly because the RS think I'm going inactive or something and are always trying to involve me in everything {I'm sorry I have a busy life and can't make it to everything, or volunteer to feed the neighborhood, or sew quilts for the world, you get the idea} oh and also because our budget's been constricted quite a bit this month {I'll tell you more about that later} and this meeting involved free food.

So, we went. I had my mom help me do my hair all parted down the middle with the ringlets by my face and I borrowed a long dark skirt, shawl, and black boots, add to that ensemble a white blouse and what do you have? Emma Smith...sort of...



...that is if Emma ever wore black nail polish and glittery eye shadow!

For Jefferson's attire, he wore his tan suit {yummy-diddly-umptious!} with his shirt collar pulled up and a cravat {or in this case, some cream fabric} tied about his throat. Hello, Mr Darcy anyone?


Anywho, one free dinner later, we spoke our little pieces {read them, actually} snapped a few photos and got outta there! But honestly, Jefferson looked so much like Joseph that I'm starting to worry that I married the next General Authority!


{It doesn't help that he's an amazing Gospel Doctrine Teacher, either! Exhibit A: He was recently released and you should've seen all the crest-fallen faces. The little old women, and he has quite the following of little old women, were super worried that he was moving or something, and were so relieved to find out that he's still in town. Exhibit B: When we first moved in and Jefferson was called, the little old women would give me dirty looks if his clothes weren't pressed to perfection, if his socks didn't match, if my heels were more than three inches tall. They pitied Jefferson for marrying such an incompetent woman.}

1 comment:

  1. I meant to comment on this a while back, but you two look great! Great job on the likeness, it really worked out well.
    I've never seen that first picture of Joseph and Emma, but I really love it. It's so cute and intimate.

    ReplyDelete