Friday, August 19, 2011

More Puppy Paraphernalia

Jefferson and I have been trying really hard not to eat out excessively. Yeah...this week, what with the whole moving thing, that didn't work out so hot. Sam's Club has been our regular lunch hang-out, but today, Jefferson thought it would be fun to actually go on a date for lunch.

We went to Bajio's Mexican Grill, which is saying a lot because I love the place (their sweet pork on anything is divine!) and Jefferson doesn't (let's just say he had a "bad" experience) so for him to even suggest going there is a miracle! After ordering and eating (delicious) we still had half an hour.

"What do you want to do now?" love asked.
"Let's go shopping for puppy stuff!" I said.

We bought the following:

Of course she'll need somewhere to sleep,
so we picked her up a bed.
Jefferson says that puppies whine and
cry all night long that first night! Sadness! :(

Food is also one of those "duh" items,
but what I didn't know is that puppies have to have
special food, just like babies!

We got some chewy treats for her, too!
I can't wait to teach her some tricks!

Leash for walking. My plan is to walk her to the base of Y-mountain
every day until she's big enough to walk there
and then hike the Y! We are going to be so buff together!

Bones for her teeth, but no yard to bury them in. Sorry puppy!

I had never heard of these before, but maybe it will help us
not have oodles of messes! They have a special smell that the
puppy looks for when they need to go potty.
I wonder how many of these we'll have to go through
before she's trained!

Even though Golden Doodles don't shed, they still lose
 hair strand-by-strand like people do,
and, when they're about 4-6 mo old, they lose their baby fuzz,
so we thought a grooming brush would be appropriate.
Not to mention the fact that they have super curly hair that tangles!

Tearless shampoo for bathing. Did you know if you
let your dog outside (especially in the winter) when their coat
is still damp from the shower, they can get sick?
Just like people. (I know, I'm starting to sound silly,
 but it's my very first dog, so bear with me!)

Ear Cleaner. I had no idea dog's ears were so prone to infection.

Rope for fun tug-o-wars with daddy. (Wow...that was wierd to write!
Maybe next time I say that, there will actually be a baby attached to it!)

Tennis Balls. We got these colorful ones. So cute!

We also got a stuffed elephant toy for her.
 Jefferson's parents dog (who happens to have
the same name as my sister) loves stuffed animals.
Maybe Kimber will, too.
One thing we couldn't find was a good dog bowl.
We want a nice metal one with a good solid base, l
ike the one above, but KMart didn't have any so
we'll have to look somewhere else.

The other thing she has is a quilt I made. It's an I SPY quilt,
just meaning that it's all random squares with no rhyme or reason to it.
 It's not soft enough for a baby, but maybe the puppy will like it!

Yeah, we're pretty sure she's going to be the sweetest dog ever! Can't wait to bring her home! And then, soon after we get her all settled, we going to Montana to see Jefferson's Grandparents. It'll be Kimber's first road trip! Seeing as a 2 mo old puppy has to potty every 2 hours, this might be interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment