Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Puppy Pandemonium

Remember how I said our new apartment is pet friendly? Tiny, but pet friendly? Jefferson and I were thinking of getting a puppy. Okay...that's a lie. We thought of getting a puppy and actually went and got one. We decided on a Golden Doodle. Never heard of the breed? Take a Standard Poodle and a Golden Retriever and you get:


We really liked them because they're smart and don't shed like a Standard Poodle, but they're sweet like a Golden Retriever! We found a batch of twelve golden doodle puppies nearby and went and took a look at them today. We decided on a little girl one. We've already named her Kimber, and on the drive home I wrote down a grocery list of all the things we need for her.

The part I'm most excited about? Having someone to come home to everyday, someone who's excited to see me, wants to go outside and not sit in and watch TV all night long. Jefferson will be in school this next semester (my plans for school this semester kind of fell through, so I have to wait til winter) and he'll be schooling til 9 o'clock at night or so. What does that leave me to do for four hours when I'm home alone? Well, aside from keeping the house spotless, sewing like a banshee, and having friends/family over, we'll now have a dog who needs to go out and exercise! There'll be no excuse for me to blow up like a blimp (which sadly is what happened this past winter).

And the best part? We're keeping it a secret. Our parents know we want to get a dog, they just don't know we already got one. Jefferson and I kinda want to keep it that way, too, at least for a little while, that way we don't have to deal with the lectures and all the trying to talk us out of it.

All in all, we're really excited to bring Kimber home and add her to our little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment