Thursday, August 18, 2011

Whistle While You Work

For the past couple of days, I've been really stressing about life. What if this doesn't happen? What if this does? How am I going to deal with this? But towards the end of this week, things have started to turn around. My sister, Bonni, as well as my sweet husband have been especially helpful through all the madness.



Bonni is such a trooper. She has helped me clean my house (okay, okay, apartment) so many times. Well, yesterday, Jefferson took me over to our new apartment in Provo, to help walk him through what we want to put where, and boy! The guy who had the place before us, had two dogs and was a guy. 'Nuff said. The house was decent, but smelled horrid! It was also quite disparaging to look in the cupboards and closets and see mess. (Men never think to clean inside of thing as is evident by the state of their ears! *shudder*)

Today, before anymore boxes or furniture got moved over the weekend, I was determined to clean that apartment and spend some good hours scrubbing and mopping and scouring. (I mean there is nothing appetizing about dog hair stuck to the shelves and drawers of the fridge, is there?) Bonni needed to run to Walmart to get some groceries and she was willing to help me clean if I'd take her there.

Two hours later (the apartment can't be that big, can it really? 600 sq. ft.) and we could almost breathe. I sprayed all carpet with febreeze, (God bless whoever invented the stuff!) we mopped all the hard floors, and then, to top it all off, we plugged in a ScentSationals Warmer and dropped in a cube. It smelled so much better by the time we left, but, because I'd used up all my febreeze, I went and got another bottle and some aireffects, too. Maybe, if I hit it with enough chemicals, the stinky cat/dog smell will go away, You think?

No comments:

Post a Comment