What do Kung-fu Panda (aka-Panda Express), Jamba Juice, a birthday bag, and the movie theater all have in common?
Well one fine day, Jefferson and I went and bought movie tickets (I don't even remember what movie we were going to go see, but that's besides the point). We were both starving, and knowing that the previews take up at least 15 minutes, we decided to make a quick detour to Kung-fu Panda (ever since that movie came out, I have always called Panda Express Kung-fu Panda. I don't know, the name just stuck). But we couldn't just go to Panda and not get a drink, so we stopped at Jamba, too.
Now the real dilemma: how to get all this food into the theater without getting caught. Dollar Tree is a wonderful place. We bought a huge birthday bag and some tissue paper, and while Jefferson drove us back to the theater, I stuffed that birthday bag full!
Crunch time. We were waiting in line to have our movie tickets checked, when we saw who was doing to checking: the Manager of the establishment! Ahh!
Don't panic, just play it off, I thought. Jefferson and I had already discussed what to do in the event that we were stopped/questioned about the contents of our birthday bag.
"Hi, how are you folks doing tonight?" asked Manager Man.
"Great, thanks" said Jefferson.
"You don't happen to have any outside food or drink in that bag, do you?"
Now was my leading role: "Of course not!" I said with a disdaining look on my face.
"Actually," Jefferson said, "It's my wife's birthday today."
Just like in rehearsals people: "And he won't even give me any hints." I reinforced that last statement with a playful elbow to the ribs.
"Yeah, it's been driving her crazy all day," Jefferson added.
"Okay, theatre 5 is on the left, you folks have a good night," Mananger Man said.
And just like that we were in! Afterwards, we even had the audacity to throw our trash into one of the theatre garbage cans! Muaahaha! We win!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Love it! I work at the Sub Zero in the Mall, and I actually have a few faithful customers that bring tupperware. They have a leak proof way to sneak their ice cream in. :D I fully support the rebellion! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete